Tuesday, September 17, 2013

August Bank Holiday Walk

Distance: 25 miles
Walked: Saturday 26 August 2013
Total miles walked this year: 220
Route: Starting from Shobnall, follow Millennium Way along the Trent and Mersey canal and through to Yoxall. Leave the MW and take footpaths to Braken Hurst Woods, pass the airfield and head north, skirt south of Tutbury and back to start point via Anslow

I've been doing this walk every year on August Bank Holiday since 2006 and I think I've been lucky with the weather every time.

Not really edible but used to give flavour to beer, these are hops growing wild.


1 comment:

aliqot said...

Not a walk I've done, but I was brought up in Burton, and my dad played for Anslow cricket club in the late fifties/early sixties!

It's also a lot longer than my usual - usually around 10 - 12 miles.

But thanks for bringing the memories back.