Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lathkill Dale 2012

Lathkill Dale is beautiful and I love doing this walk in the Spring, when there's lots of colour and the leaves are just out. Besides the dale itself, the walk takes in woodland, villages, open fields and lanes.

This is one of my favourite photos ever. People visit Lathkill Dale just for this waterfall (there are many other beautiful views!) I was unprepared and took this without a tripod or any special equipment, or much knowledge of slow exposure photos. From memory it was about 1/20 sec with the camera pressed against a rock.



More of my pictures of this walk taken in May 2012 here

I've published two versions of this walk, shorter (11.5m) and longer (17.5m) - find them both listed on my Derbyshire and Peak District walks and take your pick!


No comments: