Saturday, July 17, 2021

Lindsey Trail part 2 - Market Rasen, Willingham Woods

On Weds 14 July I continued my walk of the Lindsey Trail, picking up where I'd left the path last time.

The big surprise of the day was the amazing facilities on Willingham Road for Willingham Woods. There's a proper brick cafe there, picnic benches, WC, loads of parking and information boards. 


I wish it were possible to find these things at the start/finish of every walk!

This part of the Lindsey Trail does go through some woodland and once again is accessible. 


Then a chunk of it is on road. Not my favourite kind of walking. Sadly we're a long way from the Viking Trail this time, so in order to form a circular walk it was necessary to find some suitable footpaths to complete the circle back to the car park. Willingham Lane fits the bill, it's a nice farm track, picturesque and (mostly) easy walking.

The route I devised is published here on UK-Walks.info. There you'll find an interactive map and GPX file which works in various mapping and navigation apps.


No comments: