Friday, May 11, 2007

Caulkley Wood Bluebells

  • Walked: 29 April 2007
  • Distance: 4.3m
  • Terrain: some inclines
  • Summary: The best carpet of bluebells in South Derbyshire
  • Time: 2 hours start to finish


Last time out, I went in search for a spectacular display of bluebells, which I knew existed somewhere near Hartshorne, but didn't find them.

I've since found out that they're in Caulkley Wood, just north-west of Hartshorne. This Sunday afternoon stroll took us through that wood, and through some stunning countryside. If there's a heaven, and if I go there, this is the way I expect it to look.











The route above was generated using Meander.

Image produced from the Ordnance Survey Get-a-map service. Image reproduced with kind permission of Ordnance Survey and Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland.

No comments: